Monday Math Literature: Volume 8

If you are new to my Monday Math Literature Series, please click here to start at the beginning.

This week I want to show you a great book about graphing!  This book is by Loreen Leedy who is the author of several wonderful math literature books that I own and use with students.  What sets her work apart from other math literature books are the beautiful illustrations and the graphics that are very engaging for kids and adults alike.  I have been a fan of her work for years and last year I purchased some of her frog and flower clip art to jazz up my spring math materials.

A look at Frog and Flower Equality which I created using some of Loreen Leedy's clip art
Without further ado.... Here is today's book


      This books is a GREAT way to talk to young students about how and why we use graphs to help us organize our lives.  I have used this book with students in grades K-4.  The entire books is formatted like a comic book and it a lot of fun to read to kids while still being very focused on an important math concept.  The graphics are also amazing and the pictures are fun to look at.  If you work on graphing in your classroom in science or math, it is a great book to have!  Last year, a sixth grade teacher borrowed this book from me to use with her students when she was working on a writing unit on dialogue and comics.  

In celebration of this fantastic book and author, I will send a FREE copy of my Frog and Flower Equality activities to the first 3 folks who leave a comment below and include their email address! 

What is your favorite Loreen Leedy book?

Click here to head to Volume 9!
0 Komentar untuk "Monday Math Literature: Volume 8"

Back To Top